Marketplace Church is a movement of disciple-making communities who are deeply connected to God, radically committed to one another, and crazy about partnering with Jesus to restore the beauty of humanity and our world.
All maps have cracks when we bother to zoom in and look closely. At Marketplace Church, we’re passionate about bringing the hope, light and love of Christ into every crack and crevice of society, because everyone and everything matters to God. To do this, we live out three core values as a church with Jesus at the center. Dig deeper into our beliefs by reading our Statement of Faith or by taking a look at how we live these values out in our Marketplace Movements.
Jesus didn’t expect people to come to him. Instead, he went to them…noticing people nobody else noticed, loving those nobody else loved, and serving those everybody else seem to avoid. We believe in a more beautiful world when the church learns to do the same.
That’s why at the core of Marketplace Church, we have co-ops. Co-ops are the church scattered; extended spiritual families on mission together seeking to bring church to people, instead of expecting people to come to us. Comprised of an eclectic mix of skeptics, seekers, followers, leaders and world changers, each of our co-ops are learning to connect deeper with God, radically love each other, and to faithfully serve and meet the needs of their respective neighborhoods, communities & relational networks in real and tangible ways, all in the name of Jesus. They meet at various locations participating in a variety of activities all over the city throughout the week, each with their own unique mission. Some meet at homes, parks, coffee shops, while others meet at offices and restaurants.
Send us an email (email@example.com) for more details and to get connected with a co-op today! Note: The information above reflects the co-op’s typical meeting time and location, but can vary from week to week.
The Church Gathered.
Sunday Celebrations are our church gathered. These corporate worship gatherings occur multiple times a month as our co-ops come together to celebrate and encounter the living God through music & arts, scripture, preaching, testimony, prayer and sacraments. Sunday Celebrations are a time to be encouraged, healed, equipped, empowered and sent back out into the world as the church — individuals and disciple-making communities (co-ops) into our respective missional contexts.
We are currently gathering on Sundays at the Lighthouse Center (275 118th Ave SE, Suite 100, Bellevue) from 10am – 11:30am.
Sunday Rhythms: What to Expect
First, Second + ThirdMusic, Scripture & Sacraments
- On first, second and third Sundays, we worship and celebrate God together primarily through music, preaching of scripture, prayer and participation in the Holy Eucharist (Communion).
FourthSabbath & Mission
- On fourth Sundays, we do not gather corporately, but instead worship and celebrate God through rest and sabbath. Additionally, many of our co-ops participate in missional activities during the week/weekend, loving and serving their respective communities and relational networks in action and word.
- On fifth Sundays, we worship and celebrate God together through music, teaching, and an intentional time of reflecting on what God is doing in and through our community of faith, and casting vision for what’s ahead.
At Marketplace Church, we believe it is an absolute honor and privilege that Jesus would invite us to partner with Him in the work of restoring the beauty of humanity and our world, locally and globally. We want to create space for every person to generously and cheerfully offer their time, energy, gifting, talents, resources, and finances in the local church for the sake of making Jesus famous. Currently, Marketplace Church is in beta as we explore and experiment with new rhythms, expressions and ways of doing church, targeting a public open house in the Fall of 2014. If you’d like to join us in this work, we’d love for you to consider partnering with us in the following ways:
1. Join a Co-op. Whether you are a skeptic, seeker, follower, leader or world changer, this is where all the action is at! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find a co-op near you.
2. Pray Earnestly. We believe in the power of prayer. And as a young church plant, we are constantly seeking the Lord’s wisdom, provision, and protection. Contact us to learn about specific ways you can pray with and for us.
3. Give Financially. If you’d like to support our ministry by financially giving to Marketplace Church, you can make a one-time gift or set up a reoccurring donation here.
4. Serve Faithfully. If you’d like to find ways to serve at Marketplace Church with your time, energy, and talents, email us at email@example.com.